8th GAMM Seminar on Microstructures
The seminar focuses on the analytical, numerical, and experimental study of microstructures in solid mechanics and generally in materials science. In particular, recent developments in the following areas shall be discussed:
- theoretical and computational modelling of microstructure: plasticity, damage, micromagnetism, phase transitions, ferroelectricity, microstructural aspects of turbulence;
- mathematical analysis, vectorial calculus of variations: existence of solutions, relaxation, quasiconvexity;
- multiscale methods: homogenization, relaxation, computation of effective properties of micro-heterogeneous materials;
- experimental studies: formation and evolution of microstructures, crystallographic orientation patterning, dislocation structures, localization phenomena.
- Régis Monneau
(École des Ponts Paris Tech)
- Ricardo H. Nochetto
(University of Maryland at College Park)
- Petr Šittner
(Univerzita Karlova v Praze)
- Paul Van Houtte
(Katholieke Universiteit Leuven)
- Jan 15: Informal get-together
- Jan 16: Lectures begin at 9am
- Jan 17: Lectures conclude in the late afternoon
Each contributed lecture is expected to last 25 minutes including discussion. The seminar is to be held in the Mathematics building on the campus of the University of Regensburg.
Conference picture: Friday
All participants are responsible for making their own travel and accomodation arrangements. Click here for a selection of hotels in Regensburg. Please see the web pages of the individual hotels for further information.
- Print quality poster (PNG 2592x3668, 7.6 MB)