14th GAMM Seminar on MicrostructuresDFG through FOR 797 Analysis and computation of microstructure in finite plasticity and Universität Regensburg.
Please register for the workshop until November 30, 2014 and pay the fees until December 15, 2014. The conference fee is € 80 for participants and € 50 for accompanying persons. To register, please fill out the registration form or download the flyer and fill out the registration card. You may submit an abstract of your talk using the template by email to Carolin Kreisbeck.
The seminar focuses on the analytical, numerical, and experimental study of microstructures in solid mechanics and generally in materials science. In particular, recent developments in the following areas shall be discussed:
- theoretical and computational modelling of microstructure: plasticity, damage, micromagnetism, phase transitions, ferroelectricity, microstructural aspects of turbulence;
- mathematical analysis, vectorial calculus of variations: existence of solutions, relaxation, quasiconvexity;
- multiscale methods: homogenization, relaxation, computation of effective properties of micro-heterogeneous materials;
- experimental studies: formation and evolution of microstructures, crystallographic orientation patterning, dislocation structures, localization phenomena.
- Marco Cicalese (TU München)
- Hans Knüpfer (Universität Heidelberg)
- Pedro Ponte Castañeda (University of Pennsylvania)
- Lev Truskinovsky (École Polytechnique ParisTech)
- Jan 15: Informal get-together at 8PM (Vitus Restaurant)
- Jan 16: Lectures begin at 9am
- Jan 16: Meeting of the GAMM Activity Group Analysis of Microstructure
- Jan 17: Lectures conclude in the afternoon
The seminar is to be held in the Mathematics building on the campus of the University of Regensburg.
All participants are responsible for making their own travel and accommodation arrangements. Click here for a selection of hotels in Regensburg. Please see the web pages of the individual hotels for further information.